Wedding Meme found at Life is Like A Lunchbox. (Nan, thanks for being my blog mentor, whether you knew it or not. This new blogger learns a lot from you!)
1. Where/How did you meet?
Wedgewood Baptist Church Singles Sunday School retreat, Ft. Worth, TX; 1994; we were in the same small group. He was dating someone else. :)
2. How long have you known each other?
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
3-4 months. there was a lot of "group dating" before we actually started dating.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
1 year, 2 months
5. How long was your engagement?
6. How long have you been married?
7. What is your anniversary?
Feb 24, 1996
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
10. Where was your wedding?
Crestwood Baptist Church, OKC, OK
11. What did you serve for your meal?
Cake, punch, mints and nuts
12. How many people were in your wedding party?
11 (4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 ushers)
13. Are you still friends with them all?
Yes. Sadly, one has passed away - killed in a helicopter crash
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
No. We both grinned from ear to ear the entire time.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
A college friend of mine could not be in my wedding party because she and her husband were serving as missionaries in S. America. Her parents came to my wedding (drove several hours). Right before I went upstairs for the ceremony, her Mom came into the dressing room to see me. I almost cried.
Another special moment was when another college friend conspired with my roomate to surprise me and showed up all the way from CA.
16. Any funny moments?
My sister, who was my maid of honor, got the train part of her dress wet in the toilet. I have pics of her using the blow dryer to dry it.
17. Any big disasters?
no, thankfully everything went off without a hitch!
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over,
I wouldn't really change a thing.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
22. What size is your bed?
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
communication, quick to ask & give forgiveness
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
maintaining family time because hubby's schedule is so busy.
25. Who literally pays the bills?
Hubby earns the money, I do the paperwork.
26. What is your song?
don't really have one
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
didn't have a dance at our wedding
28. Describe your wedding dress:
White, princess neckline, lace
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
stargazer lilies and deep red roses
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Hubby's is. "always yours" with the date
31. How old were you when you got married?
I was 24. He was 27.