Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Snapshots of a Merry Christmas!

We spent our Christmas holiday with my hubby's family in Florida. It was fun to visit with siblings and cousins. Here are a few snapshots of our time together:

Visiting with Santa Clause!

What's Christmas without a toy train? A man in the area has a huge display of his model trains each year. It has become a tradition to visit it when we are at Nana and Papa's for Christmas.


My kiddos help Nana set up the wooden reindeer on her front porch. Then the two of them decided to pull a bench up for the sleigh and add ribbon and bells for reigns. My son kept insisting on feeding the reindeer, so Nana let him leave a bowl of mini-wheats for their enjoyment.



These cousins are very close in age: M (in the middle) is 9 months older than my daughter (on the right) who is 9 months older than A (on the left). Nana had a slumber party for the 3 of them one night while we were there. They had such a fun time playing together!


Crab legs on Christmas eve! This has not been a Christmas tradition,
but maybe it should be now. Nana and Papa bought enough crab legs for everybody. We enjoyed a delicious feast of crab legs, cheese grits, salad and garlic cheese biscuits.


Our daughter's first taste!


Papa and some of the siblings and in-laws dig in to a crab leg feast.

The kiddos left cookies and milk for Santa on Christmas eve. After watching Santa Clause 2, our son insisted on leaving carrots for the reindeer. He woke me up on Christmas Day and whispered, "Mom, I hear reindeer."


He was excited to see that Santa and the reindeer had enjoyed their snacks.


My hubby read the Christmas story from Luke on Christmas morning.

Here are all the cousins....almost. Two were not able
to come to Florida. We missed them!

For me Christmas has always meant time spent with family. Opening gifts is fun, but being together is what's most important. I am grateful for lots of family and the opportunity to be together to celebrate Christ's birth. After all, the birth, life and death of Jesus Christ make our adoption into God's family possible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys were having lots of fun! Did they like the crab legs? Miss ya, see real soon!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

yum...crab legs sound delicious!

I love that your kids have so many cousins. My kids only have 2. I have 12 on each side so 2 doesn't seem like nearly enough.

Glad you could be with your family for Christmas!

Jennifer said...

As usual, GREAT PICS! I know you all had a great time together with your family.

Nan said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!

Hey, I know your kids are bigger but I'm having a giveaway for a cool item that you might be able to use when friends are over. Your son might still even be able to get some use out of it. :^D Just wanted to let you know!

BusyMom said...

We enjoyed seeing you all here in Florida. The kids really miss you guys and all the fund we had. I really like the sleigh & reindeer, but did C & M replace Santa for the night. LOL so cute! Miss you already.

Jenn said...

Looks like you had a great time with J's family. I agree with you Crab legs should become a Christmas eve tradition (at our house too!).
I love the picture of your little guy looking at the snack plate. Every time I see those I eyes - wow! I just can not get over how beautiful they are!