Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hey Y'all!!

It has been a loonnnggg time since i have posted anything. Please don't interpret my absence to mean that I have been doing nothing. In fact, the opposite is true! I have been doing so much that I haven't been able to spend time with you, my bloggy friends.

I feel overwhelmed by the task of relating all the fun things I've been doing. Instead of doing a series of posts in great detail, I will attempt to give you little sound bites in ONE post. So, here goes:

*Small town Christmas parade: always lots of fun and this time very COLD and rainy. Yes, you heard me right it was COLD! I mention that not because I'm complaining, mind you, but because it is very unusual! The rain made it miserable, though. I was grateful that instead of the originally intended float, our daughter rode in the parade in a bus!

*Speaking of our daughter: She made us proud by doing a spectacular job (if I may say so myself) singing a solo in our church's adult Christmas musical. I was part of the choir for this musical and was truly blessed by its missions emphasis!

*Travel, travel, travel! Have you noticed that our family loves to travel? We met my family in New Jersey this year for Christmas. My sister lives there with her hubby and two children. My brother and his family as well as my parents were able to travel to New Jersey as well making this one of the few times we are ALL together!

(My sis Rachel and her hubby Dave; my bro Eddy and his wife Penny; me and my hubby)

We drove from SE Alabama to New Jersey. This was a two day trip, so we made the most of it. On our way up, we stopped in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for a quick look at the Liberty Bell.

It was a very cold and rainy day:

On our way back home, we stopped in Washington D.C. We wanted to see the WWII Memorial. We knew we didn't have a lot of time, so we found a parking spot on the street, put two hours on the meter and took off! We managed to see the Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean, and WWII Memorials. We then walked over the the White House where we checked out the National Christmas Tree.

(This picture isn't a very good one: the camera setting was wrong and my family is not paying attention. But I like it, because it sums up what we saw: memorials to those who died for our freedom)

*New York City!!
My brother and family, my family and my parents spent a day sightseeing in NYC while we were in New Jersey. It was a VERY cold day, but we were not about to be stopped from our chance to see the Big Apple.

(Statue of Liberty in background. Can you tell we were coooolllldddd?)

My sister's sister-in-law went in with us as our guide and she did a super job! We had an exciting day! I'm sure there will have to be future posts of pictures I took that day, but there's not room or time here now. One of the highlights of the day for me was ice skating at Rockefeller Plaza!

(Do you see me?)

*Brazillian BBQ: My parents have traveled to Brazil on several occasions and have always raved about the food there. So, while we were all together in New Jersey, my Dad treated us to Brazillian BBQ at a restaurant in Newark.



There were so many new tastes to try! Guarana (a Brazilian soft drink) flowed as well!



Maybe that brings us up to date.....until I get the urge to show you more pictures of New York or D.C. or Christmas....

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I've missed you, Leah!

Looks like you had a great time. I've never been to NYC, but I think that would be such a cool place to visit.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I've missed you too Leah Belle. Glad I have you on Facebook!! I love New York. I have been several times and I don't think I would ever get tired of going. If you ever go back, eat french fries at Pommes Fritas...It was on Food Network and did not disappoint. It's a little dive that only sells fries with tons of toppings. Amazing! Google it! Loved all your pics. So glad you got to travel. Hey, what about the big city of G? No worthy pictures???:)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh, we ate at one of the Brazilian restaurants in Buckhead (Atlanta). It was fabulous!!!