Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

These Are Crafty Days!

My mother asked me to update my blog, so being the obedient daughter that I am....

Lately, I have been in a very crafty mood. I have had a lot of fun making decorative items for my home. Besides being able to say that I made them myself, the most fun part is being able to create these fun things for so little money. I have shopped a few thrift stores and yard sales to buy the necessary items, and have very little money invested in my hobby. :)

Project One:

These hurricane vases were once ordinary vases and candlesticks. I purchased the vases and candlesticks at local thrift stores and the Dollar Tree. Using M6000 glue from Michael's, I glued them together. The hardest thing about this project was waiting the 24 hours for the glue to dry! For now I am using them as part of my fall decorations, and I look forward to using them at Christmas and beyond. Here's a tutorial for those of you wanting to make your own.

Project Two:

To decorate this corner of my dining room in the spirit of fall, I bought an artists canvas and a paperback book at our hometown rescue mission store. After adding some Mod Podge and scrapbook paper, this is what I had. This book page canvas idea has so much potential for variation and I can see myself making more in the future!For tutorial and variations, visit this blog: jonesdesigncompany.com



Here's another one I made on a smaller scale to give to a friend:



Project Three:

After making the book page canvases, I still had a lot of pages from my thrift store book left. So, I made this wreathe:

I put it on my fireplace screen, but it would look great on any door as well.
(do you see the homemade hurricane vases on display?)


closer view:


For tutorial and variations on this craft, visit this link at jonesdesigncompany.

Project Four:

And here is one more craft just for good measure. I spray painted an old frame (again from a thrift store), added some sticks from the back yard and some ribbon and flowers I already owned to make this frame wreathe. I am glad there are creative people in the world who share their ideas with the rest of us! You can find this tutorial and variations at Be Different...Act Normal.


Happy crafting, y'all!

No comments: