Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's My Birthday!


Not really....
You might remember that I've already written about my birthday. It was last month. But my girlfriends and I couldn't seem to all get together to celebrate until this week. Tuesday night they threw a luau for me! We drank virgin strawberry daquiris, ate yummy food, swam in the pool, laughed and carried on. Because of a prank we pulled together a couple of years ago we have come to call ourselves the flipflop bandits. I keep promising to tell you that story, but haven't had a chance yet. So stay tuned...I'll tell it someday. Anyway, at the party there were flipflop decorations everywhere (see the flipflop lights hanging in the window?)


including a cake in the shape of flipflops (the cake was made by a member of our church who has started a cake business on the side. She does a great job!).

My gift was a bag and shoes (perfect gift every time...can't have too many). The shoes were some tevas that I've been wanting for our camping vacation out west. I was thrilled to get them!


Brook, Dianne and Lindsay even wrote and performed a song for me after we got out of the pool! Thanks, friends for a fun evening!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Tevas rock! And I know you'll put them to good use on the hiking trails. Enjoy your trip. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Mrs said...

Awww. . .your friends look so fun! Happy belated birthday!

Off to look up Tevas.