Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Self Portraits Courtesy Photoshop Elements

I recently wrote a post about doctoring photos of myself. It allows me to live in denial...you know, deny my age, my wrinkles, my extra pounds?

So now that I have that out in the open, I've had a lot of fun learning how to use my photoshop elements. I am spending some of our time away from home reading manuals and tutorials on photography and photoshop. Today was a quiet day here at my parents' house and I spent a good bit of it reading and experimenting.

Just for fun, I'm going to show you some of the results.

Let's start with the reality:


There's nothing like a close-up to show all the flaws, is there? You'd better be glad I have on make-up. The non-make-up reality is even worse!

Then, I catered to my denial by making a few changes. Here I brightened the eyes and got rid of a few wrinkles. I sure do wish it was that easy to do that in real life!



Next, I learned how to change a picture into sepia tone. This picture has been changed to sepia leaving the eyes in color. I was so excited that I was actually able to accomplish this. It's amazing what you can do when you have some instructions to follow!


This blog was started as a way to keep in touch with family and friends who don't live near me. So just in case any of those people couldn't care less about my dabbling in photography and photoshop, I've started another little blog just for that. If this is something you might be interested in, just click on over. Otherwise, rest assured that I won't continue to bore you with my hobby.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am glad you are away from your home stuff so you have time to do the things you like. I am glad that you had time to play with photo shop today. I know nothing about it, so I am impressed with you being able to circle the hair boo-boo. I really looked at second pic - how cool that you can erase things.

Keep up the good work. I already have your other blog in my reader. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos. :o)

Nan said...

Awesome Leah!! :^D You have the prettiest eyes!

Nan
http://www.shawnanigans.net