Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A New Friend


Well, I think she's been my friend for about a year now, but I met her for the first time IRL this past month. Mer and I have read and commented on each other's blog as well as emailed back and forth a few times.

It was Mer that suggested the retreat center where we spent a portion of Joel's sabbatical...and boy are we glad she did. I'll tell you more about that in another post.

Anyway, my family met Meredith and her two girls at Focus on the Family's Whit's End. It was so wonderful to meet and then pick right up in conversation. She is a fun person to talk to. It was so interesting to see how much we had in common. Our lives have kind of crossed paths in the past without us knowing it. She and her husband attended the same church in Texas that Joel and I did (they left the year we started there). Her sister married a man from my Mom's hometown. Plus more...It's a small world, isn't it?

If you don't already read Mer, hop on over there and check her out...you'll be glad you did.

Thanks, Meredith for great conversation, kindness, tourist help, etc. I'm glad to call you friend.

3 comments:

His Girl said...

*hoping the jealousy doesn't shine through in the following comment*

I am so glad you got to meet sweet meridith! Her blog is a true blessing and I am pleased as punch to know she is as sweet in real life.

Jenn said...

I found Meredith's blog through you. I have enjoyed getting to know her through her blog and hope it works out to meet her IRL on our trip to CO this summer.

So happy you met! :o)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hey...I finally was able to load your page without getting kicked off!

Yes, it was so great to meet you, and I'm so glad to add you to my circle of real life friends!