Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Garden of the Gods

Another stop on our Colorado adventure was Garden of the Gods. This is a fabulous place where I could see myself going once a week if I lived nearby. It is a free park owned by the city of Colorado Springs, and has much to offer its visitors: hiking, rock climbing, wildlife viewing and awesome vistas!

This is Balanced Rock and of course, we had to do the tourist picture of us "holding up" the rock!

This formation is called The Three Graces. There are many of these unusual formations here. They are a beautiful red/orange color which contrast beautifully against the Colorado blue sky.


We noticed a lot of these large black and white birds. It turns out they are magpies. I don't think they are a very well loved bird, but they are very pretty to look at.


This is one of my favorite pictures. It shows my adventurous husband hiking at Garden of the Gods with Pikes Peak in the background.


Our son got so excited about any wildlife he saw. This time it was a chipmunk in the bushes that had him enthralled.


This place was spectacular and I had a lot of fun with my camera. To see more pictures of Garden of the Gods, check out my photo blog...the one where I play with my camera and photoshop so I can avoid doing the dishes!

5 comments:

April said...

Amazing pictures, Leah. I love the vibrant colors of the earth and sky. I would love to travel out there. I'll have to talk Mike into going during a season other than winter!

April

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Beautiful!!!

We went to Garden of the Gods last weekend!

Bert Sandifer said...

Hey Leah,

Myrtle Beach Days...we'll have some fun in the waves... I don't care what the west coast says 'cause I love those Myrtle Beach, love those Myrtle Beach Days! (a little beach music for you and the family for August). Nice pics of Colorado. Hope to see you guys soon!

Bert

Jenn said...

Thanks for the link - I am looking forward to looking around their site.

Thanks for sharing your pictures - beautiful. Makes me excited about our trip.

Tonja said...

I love Colorado! It is such a beautiful place. Great pics!