Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This Makes Me Smile


A stack of books from the library!

I love to read! Unfortunately, I'm not one to pick up and put down a book at will. Once I have started a book, I want to devour it all in one bite.

I delight in reading so much that I can let the laundry pile up and the kiddos swing from the rafters so I can finish a book.

That's not so practical for this mom to do. So, I generally avoid tempting myself.

That's why the sight of this stack of books makes me smile. The house is clean, I'm fairly caught up on projects and the kids are enjoying their Christmas gifts.

I can read, guilt free!

If you are looking for me this week, you'll find me curled up under a blanket with a cup of coffee and a good book!

2 comments:

Tonja said...

If I start reading a book...everything else will fall by the wayside. I just want to read! I just don't have the time to do it like I want!

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Hope 2010 is a wonderful yer for you and yours!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Me too! Me too!! Love me a good book. I haven't read much lately but I want to begin again! Nothing like a good book, a fire and some diet coke or coffee!!!